Los Vecinos del Campo Espadin Mezcal
Regular price $29.99
Unit price per
Los Vecinos del Campo means 'Neighbors of the Field' and honors the centuries-old mezcal distilling traditions of Oaxaca and the people whose families have produced these rich spirits for generations. In Valles Centrales de Oaxaca, a group of mezcaleros distills these small batch mezcals using time-honored, traditional methods passed down by their ancestors. Utilizing locally grown and hand-harvested agave, the sultry, smoky sweetness of these artesanal mezcals is reached after days of slow roasting agave hearts underground. The piñas are crushed using a stone molino, then naturally fermented in wooden vats, and, finally, double distilled using a copper pot still. Espadin, the first expression released in the Los Vecinos family, is composed 100% Espadin agave.
The genetic grandparent of blue agave, Espadin is versatile and the most commonly used for mezcal production and at harvest, Espadin is typically 7-8 years old. These agaves grow in an elevation range of 980-1840 msnm in the Valles Centrales of Oaxaca. The agaves are roasted in an earth pit, crushed with a traditional stone Molino, and fermented 7 days in warm weather or between 12 to 15 days in cold weather. The joven mezcal is then distilled in a copper pot still and is bottled unaged. Savor and sip neat or mix into an array of cocktails.
This 90-proof mezcal stands up well! The joven mezcal is then distilled in a copper pot still and is bottled unaged.
- Unfortunately we cannot currently ship to Alabama, Alaska, Hawaii, Mississippi, Massachusetts and Utah.
- All orders require a 21+ signature upon delivery or the package WILL NOT be delivered.
- This item is not eligible for return.
- Shipping Insurance is automatically applied to your cart.
- Next Day & 2 Day Shipping orders must be placed before 1 P.M. (PST) Monday-Friday (During Business Days) for the package to ship out that same day, otherwise the package will ship out the next business day.
- Ground Shipping orders can take an average of 1-3 business days to process and another 3-5 business days to ship. Packages can typically take around 8-10 business days to deliver depending on the distance the package is traveling.