2XO The Phoenix Blend Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Regular price $99.99
Unit price per
Dixon Dedman's credentials are unsurpassed among high-end whisky retailers, writers, and collectors. Known for his high-proof, robust Kentucky Owl bourbon and rye blends, Dixon has established himself as one of the most prolific American whisky blenders in the industry. Dixon has left Kentucky Owl, his great-grandfather's brand that he resurrected, to pursue his own legacy with 2XO.
THE UNIQUE 2XO PROCESS
- Two Times Oak is a blending process where Dixon re-barrels his handcrafted aged whiskey into new charred oak barrels.
- Many factors influence the flavor of whiskey during aging, the largest being the barrels rack location, and time in the warehouse, followed by the warehouse location, time and type. 2XO barrels are spread across multiple rickhouses and aged in varying locations in an effort to unique flavor profiles.
- The result is a liquid with intense wood notes and extraordinarily rich, complex flavors, blended at a higher proof.
- The Phoenix Blend is the first in the Small Batch Blend Series and each will be artfully crafted by Dixon to have its own character.
- Nose: The nose starts with a sweet creme brulee mingled with butterscotch, hints of oak and red apple.
- Palate: On the palate, the mouthfeel is viscous and syrupy with notes of caramel and vanilla on the front of the palate moving to bright ripe red fruit in the middle.
- Finish: Finishing with a mild peppery spice. It works from front to back of the palate showing complexity as the sweetness transitions to a lingering warming spice on the finish.
- Unfortunately we cannot currently ship to Alabama, Alaska, Hawaii, Mississippi, Massachusetts and Utah.
- All orders require a 21+ signature upon delivery or the package WILL NOT be delivered.
- This item is not eligible for return.
- Shipping Insurance is automatically applied to your cart.
- Next Day & 2 Day Shipping orders must be placed before 1 P.M. (PST) Monday-Friday (During Business Days) for the package to ship out that same day, otherwise the package will ship out the next business day.
- Ground Shipping orders can take an average of 1-3 business days to process and another 3-5 business days to ship. Packages can typically take around 8-10 business days to deliver depending on the distance the package is traveling.
My son and I thoroughly enjoyed the smoothness and flavor.