Backbone Bone Snapper X-Ray Reserve 4 Year Old Straight Rye Batch #5
Regular price $54.99
Unit price per
Bone Snapper X-ray is Backbone’s Reserve Straight Rye Whiskey. For X-ray, they use the same barrels and mash-bill used for the Bone Snapper original, but only after the barrels have aged 4 years or more. The remarkable characteristic of these barrels is how the flavor profile starts to evolve between the 3 and 4 years. The youthful spice (found in Bone Snapper original) starts to give way to a fuller, richer, and more complex whiskey. After 4 years, with its new flavor profile fully set, the whiskey is ready for bottling.
Appearance: Light, candled ginger on top mellows out to a yellow orange, similar to a yellow carrot.
Nose: Notes of pine tree and cinnamon.
Palate: The first sip gets a decent amount of honey and caramel. If you close your eyes and concentrate. You might taste a little spearmint and eucalyptus in the mid-palate giving this whiskey complexity and freshness.
Finish: Hints of peppery spice come through on a long, but smooth finish.
Spirit Type: American Rye Whiskey/Whiskey
- Unfortunately we cannot currently ship to Alabama, Alaska, Hawaii, Mississippi, and Utah.
- All orders require a 21+ signature upon delivery or the package WILL NOT be delivered.
- This item is not eligible for return.
- Shipping Insurance is automatically applied to your cart.
- Next Day & 2 Day Shipping orders must be placed before 1 P.M. (PST) Monday-Friday (During Business Days) for the package to ship out that same day, otherwise the package will ship out the next business day.
- Ground Shipping orders can take an average of 1-3 business days to process and another 3-5 business days to ship. Packages can typically take around 8-10 business days to deliver depending on the distance the package is traveling.