Scorpion Mezcal Reposado
Regular price $69.99
Unit price per
This award-winning Scorpion Mezcal® Reposado is made in small batches in Oaxaca, Mexico, with a real scorpion in every bottle. This version spends between 2 and 11 months aging in oak barrels of less than 200 liters. Singel barrel bottlings of our aged products ensures premium quality mezcal. The distinctive bottle comes with it's own little Scorpion Mezcal® sombrero.
Superb / Highly Recommended, Wine Enthusiast.
Gold Medal / Highly Recommended, BTI 92 Points
Silver Medal, SF World Spirits Competition.
(100% Agave, 750 ml and 200 ml, 40% abv)
This smooth mezcal is rested in oak barrels for between 2 and 11 months.
Excellent for sipping.
Gold. Lanolin and honey aromas. A soft round entry leads to a dry light-to medium-body with honey, grassy herbs, flax, caramel, salt, light spice. Finishes dryly with a honeyed oak barrel note.
Appearance: Oak amber color in the bottle. If it was maple syrup it would be a medium amber - It is a beautiful thing! On swirling, it leaves a very light coating on the glass which belies its viscosity. Sitting in the glass it looks like a small puddle of sap or nectar.
First Impression: Smoky and more understated and delicate than the Scorpion Silver. Dry, with a bouquet of lime, citrus, and cucumber - salt, and savory herbs, and on more warming: char, creosote, some spiciness. The oak aging even at only 6 months shines through.
Taste: Dry and sweet at the same time somehow, with citrus, leather, dry smoke and lime, hints of cardamon, nutmeg. It is resinous on the tongue and mouth feel, whispers down the throat and then leaves a rather delicate warming considering the 80 proof. It has a smokey, spicy aftertaste like a mesquite campfire. This is amazingly complex stuff- very smooth and too easy-to-drink.
- Unfortunately we cannot currently ship to Alabama, Alaska, Hawaii, Mississippi, Massachusetts and Utah.
- All orders require a 21+ signature upon delivery or the package WILL NOT be delivered.
- This item is not eligible for return.
- Shipping Insurance is automatically applied to your cart.
- Next Day & 2 Day Shipping orders must be placed before 1 P.M. (PST) Monday-Friday (During Business Days) for the package to ship out that same day, otherwise the package will ship out the next business day.
- Ground Shipping orders can take an average of 1-3 business days to process and another 3-5 business days to ship. Packages can typically take around 8-10 business days to deliver depending on the distance the package is traveling.