Fuyu Sochu Barley Single Grain Spirit
Regular price $59.99
Unit price per
Fuyu Sochu Barley Single Grain Spirit was first introduced to the USA market. This single grain barley whisky is produced from 100% barley on the island of Honshu. This 86% proof whisky is aged for 3 years in a combination of new America and French oak.
FUYU means "WINTER" in Japanese.
This handcrafted Sochu is a single grain produced from 100% barley on the
island of Honshu.
The main difference with a single malt whisky is that the barley is not malted.
Indeed, for Sochu, the Japanese use a microscopic fungus, the Koji, to seed
the starter mash and thus transform complex sugars into simple sugars which
makes it possible to do without malting.
First, there is fermentation of Barley with 100% of Barley koji.
Then, a double distillation in a single Pot to obtain alcohol from 65% - 66% by
Vol. Finally, there is the filtration before aging for more than 3 years, in 450L -
470L new American white oak barrels.
At the end, the dilution is done to obtain ALC 43% by Vol followed by a second
- Unfortunately we cannot currently ship to Alabama, Alaska, Hawaii, Mississippi, Massachusetts and Utah.
- All orders require a 21+ signature upon delivery or the package WILL NOT be delivered.
- This item is not eligible for return.
- Shipping Insurance is automatically applied to your cart.
- Next Day & 2 Day Shipping orders must be placed before 1 P.M. (PST) Monday-Friday (During Business Days) for the package to ship out that same day, otherwise the package will ship out the next business day.
- Ground Shipping orders can take an average of 1-3 business days to process and another 3-5 business days to ship. Packages can typically take around 8-10 business days to deliver depending on the distance the package is traveling.