Jura Brooklyn Single Malt Scotch Whisky
Regular price $79.99
Unit price per
Our distillery was founded in 1810, at a time when the island was home to more than a thousand people. However, from 1901 fortunes changed on Jura, compounded by two World Wars, the roof came off the distillery and it fell into disrepair, taking with it many jobs from the island. However, seeing an opportunity to bring life back to the island, local landowners, Robin Fletcher and Tony Riley-Smith decided to enlist some help of blender Charles MacKinlay & Co and the famous distillery designer, William Delme-Evans, to start work rebuilding the distillery. In 1963, Jura distillery once again opened its doors and with it came new jobs to the island.
Aged in American White Oak Bourbon, Amoroso Sherry and Pinot Noir casks, this complex dram is bursting with heritage, flavour and Brooklyn flair. With notes of honey, currants and berries, it’s a fruity whisky with smoke and roasted coffee beans to balance it off. Just how the folk of Brooklyn like it!
- Color: Deep amber hue
- Nose: Campfire smoke pours out of the glass, followed immediately by plums and dates. Vanilla and caramel combine with notes of blossom honey, plus a little sweet orange. Old oak gives way to the refreshing nutmeg aroma, sea breezes and oily cocoa.
- Palate: Sweet and light in the mouth with a subtle smoke. Berries complemented by honey and vanilla flavors. Clear spice and also oily nuts are noticeable, also a little light pepper.
- Unfortunately we cannot currently ship to Alabama, Alaska, Hawaii, Mississippi, Massachusetts and Utah.
- All orders require a 21+ signature upon delivery or the package WILL NOT be delivered.
- This item is not eligible for return.
- Shipping Insurance is automatically applied to your cart.
- Next Day & 2 Day Shipping orders must be placed before 1 P.M. (PST) Monday-Friday (During Business Days) for the package to ship out that same day, otherwise the package will ship out the next business day.
- Ground Shipping orders can take an average of 1-3 business days to process and another 3-5 business days to ship. Packages can typically take around 8-10 business days to deliver depending on the distance the package is traveling.