Matsui The Kurayoshi 8 Year Old Malt Japanese Whisky
Regular price $129.99
Unit price per
Situated in the Tottori Prefecture, northwest of the city of Kyoto on the shores of the Japan sea, Matsui Shuzou was founded in 1910. A coastal prefecture in southern Honshu known for its sand dunes, the Tottori prefecture is a wilderness packed with lush vegetation, rugged coastlines, rivers and lakes, characterized by its delicious, fresh ground water.
Kurayoshi whiskies have signature mellow characteristics and an overall smooth flavor profile. A whisky that truly embodies the meaning of the name Kurayoshi: the city of water and green. Tottori is also very well-known for its soft mineral water and abundance of nature. Over 14% of the total land area of the prefecture is designated as a Natural Park.
Matsui Shuzo is both a sake brewery and shochu distillery. Kurayoshi is a 100% malted barley whisky, sourced from distilleries around Scotland, before making their way to Japan, where it is blended with Japanese whisky, aged, and cut to proof with the soft ground waters of Tottori Prefecture.
Kurayoshi 8 Year Old Malt Whisky is aged in white oak ex-bourbon barrels for over eight years. This aging process creates a more refined whisky with a depth of character, removing any unpleasant flavors, it causes the whisky to develop a ripeness and complexity in flavor. This 8-year-old malt whisky is packed with refreshing notes of citrus, and a sweet, soft, vanilla nuttiness.
- Unfortunately we cannot currently ship to Alabama, Alaska, Hawaii, Mississippi, Massachusetts and Utah.
- All orders require a 21+ signature upon delivery or the package WILL NOT be delivered.
- This item is not eligible for return.
- Shipping Insurance is automatically applied to your cart.
- Next Day & 2 Day Shipping orders must be placed before 1 P.M. (PST) Monday-Friday (During Business Days) for the package to ship out that same day, otherwise the package will ship out the next business day.
- Ground Shipping orders can take an average of 1-3 business days to process and another 3-5 business days to ship. Packages can typically take around 8-10 business days to deliver depending on the distance the package is traveling.