Derrumbes San Luis Petosí Mezcal
Regular price $44.99
Unit price per
Derrumbes San Luis Potosí is an incredible example of a very particular style of mezcal crafted in the high altitude Central Mexican Plateau, in the state of San Luis Potosí.
Made from the region's wild agave Salmiana, it gives the mezcal a unique, vibrant flavour. Despite its abundance, this agave has a very low yield, needing up to four times as much to create an equal amount of spirit when compared to the blue agave used in the tequila region. Grown in calcareous soils, this mezcal terrifically showcases its terroir characteristics, with chalky notes very evident in the flavour profile.
Produced in an old traditional hacienda, above ground ovens known as hornos are used to cook the agave which mean their mezcal is not smoky. Once cooked, the agave is crushed by a tahona, fermented naturally with wild yeast, twice-distilled in small copper pot stills, and bottled at 43.9% ABV.
- Unfortunately we cannot currently ship to Alabama, Alaska, Hawaii, Mississippi, Massachusetts and Utah.
- All orders require a 21+ signature upon delivery or the package WILL NOT be delivered.
- This item is not eligible for return.
- Shipping Insurance is automatically applied to your cart.
- Next Day & 2 Day Shipping orders must be placed before 1 P.M. (PST) Monday-Friday (During Business Days) for the package to ship out that same day, otherwise the package will ship out the next business day.
- Ground Shipping orders can take an average of 1-3 business days to process and another 3-5 business days to ship. Packages can typically take around 8-10 business days to deliver depending on the distance the package is traveling.