Derrumbes Zacatecas Mezcal
Regular price $69.99
Unit price per
Composed of 100% Agave Tequiliana Weber, variety Azul (Blue Agave). Produced with the ancient method prevalent before the diffusion of above-ground cooking in the 1850s. Hacienda De Guadalupe is in Juitzila, Zacatecas, a few miles from the tequila valley just across the state border. Identical climate and weather conditions. Maestro Mezcalero Jaime Bañuelos smokes the blue agaves in a Horno de Tierra (roasting pit), then crushes them with a traditional tahona, ferments naturally with wild yeast, and distils in small copper pot stills. This method develops exceptional flavour profile: on the nose it's like a higher-ABV tequila, but with strong depth of smoke and earthiness. On the palate it has the full-mouth coating texture of traditional mezcal, but elegant notes usually associated with tequila. On the finish the blue agave is very distinctive, and leaves a long tequila-like freshness with earth under notes.
- Unfortunately we cannot currently ship to Alabama, Alaska, Hawaii, Mississippi, Massachusetts and Utah.
- All orders require a 21+ signature upon delivery or the package WILL NOT be delivered.
- This item is not eligible for return.
- Shipping Insurance is automatically applied to your cart.
- Next Day & 2 Day Shipping orders must be placed before 1 P.M. (PST) Monday-Friday (During Business Days) for the package to ship out that same day, otherwise the package will ship out the next business day.
- Ground Shipping orders can take an average of 1-3 business days to process and another 3-5 business days to ship. Packages can typically take around 8-10 business days to deliver depending on the distance the package is traveling.