Siglo Cero Pox, pronounced “pōsh” is a traditional Mayan beverage produced in Chiapas, Mexico:
• Distilled from 44% corn, 28% wheat, 28% sugarcane
• Sugarcane is crushed, juiced; a portion is boiled to create “piloncillo”
• Four heirloom corn varieties are dried & milled
• Wheat bran, milled corn, cane juice and piloncillo are combined with local spring water and fermented for 10–18 days in wooden vats
• Distilled twice using traditional wood-fired copper pot stills
• All ingredients are sustainably sourced, and the heritage corn is grown by Mayan farmers
• A portion of each sale is donated to the ALSOL Foundation that supports Mexican artists and craftspeople in Chiapas
• Savory on the nose and palate with notes of ancho and guajillo chiles, esquites, dried coconut, and baked corn husk
• Proof will vary from batch to batch, clocking in at approximately 42% ABV
First, sugarcane is crushed, juiced and boiled to create piloncillo (like a sticky brick of raw brown sugar). Meanwhile, four different heritage varieties of corn (white, red, yellow and black) are dried, husked and ground. Next, wheat bran is placed in a large wooden fermenter, and local spring water is slowly introduced. Finally, the ground corn, piloncillo and additional fresh sugarcane juice are added to the vat, where natural, spontaneous fermentation occurs over 10-18 days. The mash is distilled twice, using wood-fired copper pot stills, and proofed to around 42% ABV (proof will vary slightly from batch to batch). The final result is savory on the nose and palate with notes of ancho and guajillo chiles, esquites, dried coconut, and baked corn husk. A fascinating experience!
Unfortunately we cannot currently ship to Alabama, Alaska, Hawaii, Mississippi, Massachusetts and Utah.
All orders require a 21+ signature upon delivery or the package WILL NOT be delivered.
This item is not eligible for return.
Shipping Insurance is automatically applied to your cart.
Next Day & 2 Day Shipping orders must be placed before 2 P.M. (PST) Monday-Friday (During Business Days) for the package to ship out that same day, otherwise the package will ship out the next business day.
Ground Shipping orders can take an average of 1-3 business days to process and another 3-5 business days to ship. Packages can typically take around 8-10 business days to deliver depending on the distance the package is traveling.