Tears of Llorona No. 3 Extra Añejo
Unit price per
Tears of Llorona is a blend of extra añejo tequilas half of which were finished in Scotch whisky barrels, a quarter in Sherry wood, and a quarter in French Limousin barrels used previously to mature Cognac.
Tears of Llorona is an extra extra añejo tequila. It begins as 100% blue agaves from high volcanic slopes in Jalisco, where growth is slow. Master Tequilero Germán Gonzalez hand selects the agaves and has them harvested late, increasing their starch and sugars. The piñas are roasted slowly in the traditional way. His yeast is proprietary and fermentation is slow. Distillation is by copper pot still and barreling is at very high specific gravity.
Tears is aged in three different barrels -- oak that has previously held scotch, sherry, and brandy -- and brought together in very small batches to create a complex fusion that is more like a cognac than a tequila. Germán then bottles at 43% specific gravity to balance the flavors. This results in a very high rate of osmotic loss - the “angel's tears” that are one reason for the name, Tears of Llorona.
- Unfortunately we cannot currently ship to Alabama, Alaska, Hawaii, Mississippi, and Utah.
- All orders require a 21+ signature upon delivery or the package WILL NOT be delivered.
- This item is not eligible for return.
- Shipping Insurance is automatically applied to your cart.
- Next Day & 2 Day Shipping orders must be placed before 1 P.M. (PST) Monday-Friday (During Business Days) for the package to ship out that same day, otherwise the package will ship out the next business day.
- Ground Shipping orders can take an average of 1-3 business days to process and another 3-5 business days to ship. Packages can typically take around 8-10 business days to deliver depending on the distance the package is traveling.