The Shinobu Lightly Peated Mizunara Oak Finish Pure Malt Whisky
Regular price $69.99
Unit price per
The SHINOBU Distillery is located in the Japanese seaside region of Niigata on the country’s western coast. The area is famous for its “Three White Treasures”: snow, rice and sake which have been cultivated for centuries. SHINOBU Pure Malt whiskies are crafted by master blender, Mr. Usami Ken who blends malts aged in sherry and bourbon hogshead casks before finishing them in precious Japanese Mizunara Oak. Famous for imparting rich, luscious flavors of apples, pears, cloves and nutmegs, Mizunara Oak has been used in Japan since the 1930s and is now sought-after by whisky makers around the world. The SHINOBU Lightly Peated Pure Malt Whisky blends shows a robust and profound body structure, with smoky and toasty oaks flavors. All SHINOBU whiskies are created without chill-filtration nor added color to protect and enhance their complex and robust character.
Nose: Minty and creamy with some light peat and a touch of lemon. Hints of charcoal ash and smoke.
Palate: Moderate peaty flavor on the palate, mingled with toasted oak, charcoal ash, dry grass and a hint of saltiness.
Finish: Lingering taste of toasted wood with lots of sweetness from roasted malt.
- Unfortunately we cannot currently ship to Alabama, Alaska, Hawaii, Mississippi, and Utah.
- All orders require a 21+ signature upon delivery or the package WILL NOT be delivered.
- This item is not eligible for return.
- Shipping Insurance is automatically applied to your cart.
- Next Day & 2 Day Shipping orders must be placed before 1 P.M. (PST) Monday-Friday (During Business Days) for the package to ship out that same day, otherwise the package will ship out the next business day.
- Ground Shipping orders can take an average of 1-3 business days to process and another 3-5 business days to ship. Packages can typically take around 8-10 business days to deliver depending on the distance the package is traveling.